Meaningful short stories (THE RIDDLE)

Meaningful short stories (THE RIDDLE)

                                  Meaningful short stories (THE RIDDLE)

Once upon a Time there was a King in India.King Raghavendra who simply loved to solve puzzles.One day,he received a gift from his best friend,King Vilasrao.

SCENE1:

Vilasrao Servant:Your Highness! I bring you a gift my King From my King Vilasrao

King:Aha! It must be another puzzle!.Your King and I solved many together when we were at the Gurukul!.Please make yourself at home in the palace.Whilst I write a reply for vilas

Vilasrao Servant:Thank you your highness!.

Vilasrao Letter:See if you can find the difference in the three dolls.

King Writing Letter:Thank you Vilas and I assure you I shall send you the answer soon.

The King laid out the three dolls on a table and examined them.He spent hours measuring every aspect of dolls but he could find no difference at all between them.The King wondered what he was missing and finally after much thought.he summoned the wisest man of his court.


SCENE 2:

King:See if u can spot any difference at all between the three dolls.

Wise man of his court:I shall do my best Your Highness!.

The Wise Man examined the three dolls in every possible detail but he could make out no difference in them.

SCENE 3:

Wise Man:I am sorry Your Highness but,in my opinion,all three dolls exactly alike.

King:How can this be?

Wise Man:Maybe,Your friend was joking your highness?

King:My friend never jokes when it comes to puzzles and riddles!.Maybe our court

jester might have done a better job!

Just Then ,the court jester who was passing by,heard this and entered the room.

SCENE 4:

Court Jester:I was passing by and I heard you take my name.What would you like sir,a joke,a dance, or a game?

King:Aah! if the wise cannot get it then maybe a jester can!.Can you find any difference in the three dolls?

Court Jester:They feel the same,they look same,they weight the same,they smile the same.They even sound the same...Their sound is SILENCE!!! and that too sound the same! absolutely no difference at all Your Highness!.Maybe the puzzle is a joke then?

King:My friends never jokes when it comes to puzzles and riddles! GO AWAY!!!

The king was so desperate that he allowed anyone who wished to try to solve the puzzle but nobody succeeded.One day an old storyteller was brought in his presence.

SCENE:5

Story Teller:I hear,There is a puzzle that bothers you,Your Highness!

King:So,Storytellers solve puzzles now,do they?

Story teller:Maybe this story is about a puzzle Your Highness!.Or maybe there is a story in the puzzle?.hahah.

King:Try if u will

Story Teller:The story requires a narrator and a listener Your Highness!

King:Ehh...So,you are asking me to stay?

Story Teller:Yes Your Highness! And I need is three strand of hair!

King:Three strand of hair?why?

Story Teller:Well Things that are the same on the outside could be very different on the inside.Now would you please pull out three strand of hair and give them to me one at a time?

King:You sound like you are ordering me!

Story Teller:Maybe i am but I do not ask for anything unreasonable,do I?

King:No! take this.

Story teller:Your highness!

King:Take this!

King:Difference!!! what does this mean

Story teller:Well,the first doll is of the wise man,he listens,taking in every word and keeping it deep within his heart.

Story Teller:The second doll belongs to the fool.Taking in every word and keeping it deep within his heart.The second doll belong to fool.What he hears goes in one ear and out from the other.

Story Teller:The third doll,well is the storyteller.What she hears she passes on to others

King:So which kind of person is the best you think?

Story Teller:It depend on the situation Your Highness!.Sometimes there are things that should be kept a secret,sometimes there are things like gossip that don't deserve any attention and there are thing like stories or knowledge or lesson that must be shared with everyone so that all can benefit from them.It is not the doll by themselves that are good or bad,it depend on situation which doll you use in what situation!

King:Ohh!! Thank you so much!.This is your reward my lady! 1000 gold coins!

SO the king sent the reply of the puzzle to his friend thanking him for the wonderfull lesson of the puzzle.Everytime he had to decide on what to do with a piece of information whether to keep secret,or to ignore it or to share it he alway thought about the three dolls and that helped him decide!




Post a Comment

0 Comments